Packing List for Traveling Karamoja
Karamoja packing list: Karamoja has a different climate then other regions in Uganda and therefore it’s important to prepare before traveling.
The temperature can be high and dry by day time and drop at night time. This will be experienced especially during activities that involve camping. Read on and find our packing tips that will keep you safe and healthy.
- Lip balm
- Daypack (nature walks) 45L Backpack (overnight hikes)
- Hand sanitizer
- Insect repellent
- Outdoor journal with pen/pencil
- Quick-dry towel
- Post-hike snacks, water, towel, clothing change
- Headlamp or flashlight
- Extra batteries
Warm weather clothing.
- Wicking T-shirt
- Wicking underwear
- Quick-drying pants or shorts
- Long-sleeve shirt (for bugs, sun)
- Sun-shielding hat
- Insulating fleece jacket or vest
- Bandana or Buff
- Mosquito net clothing
Cool weather clothing.
- Wicking long-sleeve T-shirt
- Wicking long underwear
- Hat, cap or headband (synthetic or wool)
- Gloves or mittens
- Insulating fleece jacket (or vest) and pants
- Rain jacket (or soft shell and waterproof hat)
- Rain pants (or soft-shell pants)
- Boots or shoes suited to terrain
- Socks (synthetic or wool)
- Sandals (for river fording, trip home)