Karamoja Tourist Pledge
Sign the pledge and contributeto the dreams of the people of Karamoja.
Importance of the Pledge
Karamoja is Uganda’s final tourism frontier with the countries last great wilderness and traditional living people.
Tourism creates opportunities for everybody in the community to improve their livelihoods and build resilience.
The pledge supports the local community and visitors to connect to the place and the people in a responsible way.
Responsible travel tips
Following these practical steps will make your travels as rewarding and gratifying as possible for you, for the people you meet, and for the places you visit:
- Support the local economy
- Ask permission before taking photos
- Do not give money to people begging
- Turn off the light when you leave
- Greet people, say thank you and keep smiling
- Dress respectfully
- Keep plastic and recycle it
- Safe water as much as possible
- Bring your reusable water bottle
- Do not walk off the path