Karamoja Safari Camp
Kara-Tunga, Karamoja Safari Camp: Tented accommodation in Moroto is located in the beating heart of the Karamoja region at the slopes of Mount Moroto (3085m). A central location that serves perfectly as base for your adventure through northeast Uganda (4hrs from Sipi Falls – 5hrs from Kidepo Valley National Park).
The camp design is a blend of traditional customs and local materials with a modern touch. A unique experience of heritage, comfort and hospitality during a safari through Uganda’s untouched northeast.
6 x Ensuite Safari tents
The ensuite safari tents are located underneath the large indigenous trees. Each safari tent has a private verandah, solar heated showers, electricity to charge equipment, flushing toilet and washing basin.
- Double tents: 1 x long king size bed (180x210cm)
- Twin tents: 2 x long single beds (120x210cm)
3 x Standard Rooms
The main building houses decent budget-friendly self-contained single, twin and double rooms. All rooms have solar heated showers, electricity to charge equipment, flushing toilet and washing basin.
- Single: 1 x long large single bed (120 x 210cm)
- Double: 1 x standard double bed (135 x 190cm)
- Twin: 2 x long single beds (90 x 210cm)
Below prices are per room per night on bed and breakfast basis. Add your meals according to the rates indicated below:
- Meals: $15 Half Board at $25 Full Board per person
|Safari Tent||$ 50||$ 60||$ 70||$ 80|
|Studio||$ 40||$ 50||$ 60||$ 50||$ 60||$ 70|
|Double Room||$ 25||$ 30||$ 30||$ 40|
|Single Room||$ 20||$ 25|
|Twin Room||$ 25||$ 35||$ 30||$ 40|
Frequently asked questions
- Reception opens 7am – 7pm
- Breakfast from 7am – 10am
- Staff available everyday by phone and email
- Check-in from 2pm
- Check-out until 11am
- Tour info desk
- Extra long mattresses
- Please note, full payment must be received before arrival to secure a confirmed booking.
- Payments can be made before arrival by Credit Card or Banktransfer. Please follow the payment instructions provided after your booking as been confirmed. Be sure to reference your Booking ID so we can track your payment appropriately and secure your reservation.
- Payments can be made upon arrival by cash (USD or UGX). USD notes must be dated 2006 or newer and free of any marks, stamps or tears to be accepted. Exact amount in UGX will be determined by the rate of exchange on date of arrival.
Residents, citizens and tour operators
- $10 per night on the Safari tents and Apartments
- 10% off your accommodation bill if you stay a week
- 20% off your accommodation bill if you stay a month
- Children 0-5 years sleep for free, when sharing with an adult.
- Children 6-16 years sleep for 50%, when sharing with an adult.
- Please cancel online 48 hours before scheduled arrival to avoid cancellation charge (equal to the first night of your stay).