Walking Safari in Uganda’s remote Karamojaland
The essence of a guided walking safari
A walking safari (bush walk) is a magical alternative to a Big Five game drive in the wildlife reserves of Karamoja (Matheniko, Bokora, Pian Upe Wildlife Reserves). This adventure makes full use of all your senses, allowing you a deeper connection with the African bush.
Strap on your boots and feel the wild grasses crush beneath your boots as you follow your expert guide into the pristine, untamed landscapes of the region. Be mesmerised by the morning sunlight as it dances in dew drops delicately sprinkled on flourishing vegetation. Smell nature in its purest form and be enchanted by the chorus of birds surrounding you.
Activate all your senses on a walking safari
Smell and taste wild herbs, learning their traditional uses, and explore the smaller marvels of the bush, from the magnificent tapestry of a spiders web to the microscopic world of the dung beetle.
Spend the quiet afternoon hours watching a multitude of colourful birds as they flit from branch to branch, trilling out their sweet songs. Engage all your senses as you discover an unexpected world where each sound and scent and every bent blade of grass have a meaning.
Because the area is inaccessible by road, lightweight donkey-portered fly camps provide an exciting way to explore this area. During the walking safari through Uganda’s Karamoja you carry is your daypack. And lest you think that a safari on foot means you must forsake creature comforts, you’ll be pleasantly surprised: the camp features dome tents large enough to stand in, raised cot beds with mattresses, full bedding and hot-water bucket showers on demand. Meals are a highlight, too, prepared in hearty portions over the campfire by the guides.
Including: snacks, packed lunch, water and park fees (1 full day). Meals, camping equipment and porters (overnight tours) Excluding: transportation, bookable at $150 for drop-off and pick-up.
|Indicated prices per person.
|1 Full day
|1 Day / 1 night bush camp
|2 Days / 1 night bush camp
|3 Days / 2 nights bush camp
– Services of English speaking driver and chef
– Game park entrance fees
– Services of local Karamojong guides
– All campsite fees and community fees
– 3 litres drinking water per person per day
– All camping equipment including use of our 2-person tents, and inflatable mattresses.
– Three meals a day while on safari whether vegetarian or non-vegetarian prepared by our safari chef
– Personal travel insurance
– Sleeping bags
– Transport to and from Moroto
– Hotel accommodation in Moroto before and after the safari
– Any other extras not stated as included above e.g. alcoholic beverages, gratuities to staff, etc