The 2nd Tour of Karamoja is taking place 23-30 October 2021 traversing Uganda’s Warrior Nomad Trail from Pian Upe to Kidepo Valley and with the event first stage through Kenya’s West Pokot.
The Tour of Karamoja is Uganda’s ultimate wilderness bike tradition. The tour traverses the full length of East Africa’s cross-border Warrior Nomad Trail through untamed and rugged savannah of Northeastern Uganda and Northwestern Kenya. Expect rich cultural encounters, dramatic scenery and Uganda’s finest wildlife.
The tour starts on the lower savannah plains in Pian Upe Wildlife Reserve and takes you over the rolling hills and mountain slopes on the Eastern Rift into the award-winning Kidepo Valley National Park.
The 500 Km route with 5,000m elevation is divided into 6 stages of mixed length and difficulty. The trail is a mix of game trails, loose gravel, rough hard pack gravel and single track. The final 7th day of the event is an awarding and relaxed cycling wildlife safari through the park (vehicle safari also possible).
Sat 22 Oct: Arrival / registration
Sun-Fri 23-29 Oct: 6-Day Bike Tour
Sat 30 Oct: Cycle safari in Kidepo Valley NP
Sun 31 Oct: Departure
The tour aims at raising funds to offer life changing education for at least one class of 15 girls at Matany Girl’s Vocational School :www.matanygirls.com Change a life of one girl by sponsoring €500 for a full vocational training course including an internship and career coaching. Raise €1 per Kilometer and empower one girl and so one village.
The tour will follow ‘The Warrior Nomad Trail‘ starting in Southern Karamoja land and ending in Africa’s most applauded awarded national park ‘Kidepo Valley National Park’.
30 September: Registration and payment.
– Step 1: Pre-register to apply for a slot on the event: www.tourofkaramoja.org
– Step 2: The organisation will review your application with e-mail feedback within 7 days
– Step 3: Successful applications register fully and receive payment details
– Step 4: Participant receives event ticket and information package
– Meals from Saturday dinner to Sunday breakfast
– Fruits, water and lunch during the ride
– Emergency car and motorbike
– Tour guides
– Standby first aid, medical staff and security
– Photo/video registration
The Tour of Karamoja sleeps every night at a different location with varying types of accommodation or camping facilities. All participants will sleep at the same facilities (6 nights camping, 2 nights standard accommodation). There are accommodation upgrades available for the first night in Pian Upe Wildlife Reserve and the last 2 nights in Kidepo Valley National Park.
– 6 Days Bike rental: $240 ($40 per day)
– Bike servicing: $10 / service
– Official jersey: $60 (50% donated to Ride 4 Girl Child)
Below refunds less bank charges
– 2+ months = 100% refund
– 2-1 month = 50% refund
– 1 month-2 weeks = 25% refund
– Less than 2 weeks = 0% refund
The Tour of Karamoja, Easter 2021 is a one week event taking. There will be 5 days/stages on the saddle and one optional extra day in Kidepo Valley National Park.
– Fri-Sun 2-4 April: Arrival / Registration
To be confirmed
The minimum participants for the event is 10 and the maximum is 30.
– Snacks and drinks during the ride
– Personal health insurance or emergency evacuation cover
– Truly Off the Beaten Path
Transport is excluded from the registration fee and can be booked as a ride sharing option in the Whatsapp Group of the event. The transport will be needed for participants and their luggage from Kampala to the start in Pian Upe WR and from the finish in Kidepo Valley NP to Kampala.
– To and from: $150 per person
|Bed & Breakfast||
– Camping all days
Pian Upe – Bandas and Camping
|Extra bike services||
– Private Bike transfer to start from finish: $80
|Park entry fees||
Kidepo Valley Entrance fee (2 days in total)
– Official jersey: $60