Tour of Karamoja 2020
Tour of Karamoja 2020 – Mountain Bike Event – After the inaugural Tour of Karamoja 2017, the Tour of Karamoja team spent time and energy in Karamoja to lay the foundations for the 2020 edition. Today we’re proud to announce that we succeeded in finding a magical location steeped in culture and adventure and have since set the event dates (8-11 October, extended Independence weekend).
The Tour of Karamoja 2020 team is excited to continue building this into an annual event showcasing the unique cultural heritage and untouched natural environment of the Karamoja region and together work on sustainable enhancement of the indigenous communities livelihoods through cycling.
The Tour of Karamoja 2020 is co-founded by hosted by our late friend, former Tour de France cyclist and Sports Television commentator Mr. Paul Sherwen (1956-2018). This edition is in memory of Karamoja’s great ambassadors.
This year the Tour of Karamoja 2020 will have multiple routes over a period of two full days, varying in degrees of difficulty from beginner to adventurer- weekend warrior. The trails will vary from flowy rolling to advanced and even include technical downhill trail for enduro experience.
The Tour of Karamoja 2020 will take place during the long weekend leading up to Independence Day 2020.
– Arrival: Thursday 8 October
– Riding: Friday 9, Saturday 10 October
– Departure: Sunday 11 October
Event tickets (lodging and meals)
The Tour of Karamoja 2020 ticket includes: full board meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner), bush showers and toilets, water and firewood supply, bush bar café, community fund contribution, local guides and first aid support.
– Camping: (pitch your own tent): $150 pp
– Glamping: (pre-pitched canvas dome tent): $250 pp (sharing)
– Lodge: (ensuite safari tent, in town): $300 pp (sharing) / $350 pp (single)
– Locals: contact us for more info
The Tour of Karamoja 2020 ticket includes a 5 USD (15.000 UGX) contribution to employment of the indigenous mountain community for trail building and maintenance as part of Kara-Tunga’s mission of responsible tourism development and promotion in the Karamoja region.
– Cycling during Uganda’s Independence weekend
– Truly Off the Beaten Path
– Support indigenous communities
– Connect with the Local Community
– Authentic Cultural Experience
– Hiking & Trekking Possibilities
– Guided by Experienced Guides
– All inclusive Lazy Camping and Food Arrangements
Tour dates: Friday 9th + Saturday 10th October 2020
Arrival date: Thursday 6th October 2020
Accommodation: Glamping, Pitch Your own Tent, Kara-Tunga, Safari Camp
Transport: Ride sharing
Terrain: Flowy, Trail, Technical