Tour of Karamoja 2018
Tour of Karamoja 2018 – Mountain Bike Event – After the inaugural Tour of Karamoja 2017, the Tour of Karamoja team spent time and energy in Karamoja to lay the foundations for the 2018 edition. Today we’re proud to announce that we succeeded in finding a magical location steeped in culture and adventure and have since set the event dates (6-9 October, Independence weekend).
The team is excited to continue building this into an annual event showcasing the unique cultural heritage and untouched natural environment of the Karamoja region and together work on sustainable enhancement of the indigenous communities livelihoods through cycling.
The tour is hosted by former Tour de France cyclist and present day NBC Sports Television commentator Mr. Paul Sherwen.
This year the tour will have multiple routes over a period of two full days, varying in degrees of difficulty from beginner to adventurer- weekend warrior. The trails will vary from flowy rolling to advanced and even include technical downhill trail for enduro experience.
The tour will take place during the long weekend leading up to Independence Day 2018.
– Arrival: Saturday 6 October
– Riding: Sunday 7, Monday 8 October
– Departure: Tuesday 9 October
Participation fee, bike hire and accommodation arrangements will be announced soon.
– Cycling during Uganda’s Independence weekend
– Truly Off the Beaten Path
– Support indigenous communities
– Connect with the Local Community
– Authentic Cultural Experience
– Hiking & Trekking Possibilities
– Guided by Experienced Guides
– All inclusive Lazy Camping and Food Arrangements
Tour dates: Sunday 7th + Monday 8th October
Arrival date: Saturday 6th October
Arrival accommodation: Karamoja Safari Lodge
Transport: Ride sharing
Terrain: Flowy, Trail, Technical