Lodwar Lake Turkana Cultural Festival Tour
We’re excited to host the Lodwar Lake Turkana Cultural Festival Group Tour taking place in Lodwar, Turkana County (Northern Kenya). This group Tour creates an unique opportunity to visit the festival from Uganda. The annual event is aimed at celebrating Turkana culture together with the so-called Ateker cluster tribes from Kenya, South Sudan, Ethiopia and others adjacent to the lake. The festival is meant to promote peace, cultural exchange, and tourism.
Visit more cultural festivals
- The Karamoja Lake Turkana Cultural Festival is aimed at celebrating Karimojong culture together with the so-called Ateker cluster tribes from Kenya, South Sudan and Ethiopia. The group tour combines a visit to the festival with an authentic Karimojong cultural experience and wildlife viewing in Uganda’s most applauded Kidepo Valley National Park.
- The Marsabit Lake Turkana Cultural Festival is Its sister festival and takes place in Loiyangalani on the Western shores of the Lake Turkana. This is the legendary annual Marsabit Lake Turkana Cultural Festival which brings together the 14 communities of Marsabit county.
- Attend Lodwar Lake Turkana Cultural Festival
- Experiencing traditional life in the village during an participatory visit
- A night bush camp with the Nomadic Turkana Camel Keepers
- Scenic drive through the desert landscapes
- Visit the palm beaches and fishermen on the shore of Lake Turkana / Jaded Sea
- Optional: Boat ride to Central Island National Park
Dates and prices
The Lodwar Lake Turkana Cultural Festival Group Tour dates for 2021 are yet to be confirmed.
The tour departures from Kampala with with a comfortable 4WD vehicle and English speaking indigenous driver guide. The tour includes transport, all meals and activities. It excludes drinks, tips and personal expenditures.