Airlines & Ticket Prices
As tour operator we provide bookings service for scheduled and chartered flights from various destinations within Uganda. In addition to the flight, we also provide a pick-up service from any airport, hotel or other destination.
The most common entry point to Uganda is Entebbe International Airport (EBB) that’s located close to Entebbe city. Flights can also be organised from Kajjansi Airfield that’s located closer to Kampala, the capital city of Uganda.
Entebbe > Kidepo Valley
Entebbe airport: Wednesday, Friday, Sunday
Flight time: 1:30 hrs
Departure Entebbe: 12PM
Departure Kidepo: 3PM – 4:30 PM
Kampapa > Kidepo Valley
No information available
Scheduled flight rates are starting from $420 per person for a one way ticket and $700 for a return ticket. Contact us for more information, departure time, capacity and prices.
Best route by car
Eastern route through the Karamoja region
There are various entry points from the south via Mbale / Mt Elgon or Sipi Falls via Nakapiripirit to Moroto and connecting with Kotido, Kaabong and Kidepo Valley National Park. A longer route can be taken from Mbale / Mt Elgon to Soroti and via Iriiri to Moroto northwards.
- Kampala-Mbale-Nakapiripirit-Moroto-Kotido-Kaabong-Kidepo (740km. 12 hours)
- Kampala-Mbale-Soroti-Moroto-Kotido-Kaabong-Kidepo (792km, 13 hours)
Western route via Murchison Falls
When you prefer to take the western route to and from Kidepo Valley National Park, we recommend to drive via Gulu and Kitgum. Common stops on this route are Murchison Falls National Park and Ziwa Rhino Sanctuary.
- Kampala-Karuma-Gulu-Kitgum-Kidepo (571km, 10 hours)
- Kampala-Karuma-Lira-Kotido-Kaabong-Kidepo (705km, 12 hours)
By public transport
Karamoja has also different possibilities of public transport. Take the daily daytime busses or nighttime coaches driving from Kampala via Jinja, Mbale, Soroti, Iriri to Moroto and to Kotido.
Public busses drive on regular bases from Kampala via Jinja to Mbale and Soroti. From Mbale via Nakapiripirit or from Soroti via Iriiri there are taxi’s driving to Moroto town on regular bases. The prices vary per season and demand, contact us for actual information.
Daily bus connections
- Kampala – Jinja – Mbale – Soroti – Moroto (12 hours)
- Kampala – Jinja – Mbale – Soroti – Kotido (14 hours)
- Kampala – Jinja – Mbale – Soroti – Kotido – Kaabong (16 hours)
- Mbale – Nakapiripirit – Moroto (6 hours)
- Mbale – Soroti – Moroto (8 hours)