Discover Karamoja Book
Call for submissions
This isn’t just a nice coffee table book – Discover Karamoja book is aimed at positively changing the image of the Karamoja region (northeastern Uganda) and it’s people by showcasing it’s cultural diversity and natural resources.
Participate by sharing submitting your story. After that, we will design the first issue of the Discover Karamoja book and go live on kickstarter.com to get funding for the first release.
Sponsor as a company?
We’re looking for distribution partners and sponsors in general. Please contact us for more information about sponsor opportunities.
What happens to proceeds generated?
The funds raised will be invested in preserving the Karimojong cultural heritage through audiovisual documentation by the community.
Here are simple rules
- any photographer – beginner, advanced, pros and amateurs – is welcome to participate;
- the themes of the first issue are: Culture, People, Nature, Wildlife;
- ten submissions per person;
- black and white and color photos are welcome. People in the image are OK too;
- your picture should be at least 3,000 pixels on the widest side and 300dpi;
Steps to submit
- Upload full resolution images to www.wetransfer.com
- Fill out and sign the license agreement form: License Agreement
- Fill in the application form below including the download link provided after uploading your images, upload the signed license agreement and sent the form.
We hope to get as many submissions as possible, so please spread the word and don’t wait on submitting images.
Who can get published?
Anyone! We hope to get as many submissions as possible. Due to the volume, we can’t publish them all, but we will publish as many as we can.
Is there a theme?
Yes, there is. The theme is “Positivity” and the book will be split into three sections – “Nature”, “People” and “Culture”. You can interpret it however you’d like – we’d love to see how you express these.
Do we accept color or B&W images?
Either one is great.
Can you submit more than one image?
Sute! You are limited to ten photos.
How can you submit your work?
Here are simple instructions:
- Download and fill out image release form form:
- Fill out the submission form with your personal information and upload your work and signed Image Release form:
Will you showcase all the submissions?
Yes. All submissions will show up on the Facebook gallery. Please allow 48 hours for your photo to appear there.
When will you announce which images made it into the book?
We will announce the date after the submission deadline.
What is the submission deadline?
The last day to submit your images is 31 December 2017.